Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Getting to take the next step

A little bit of good news: I have grown follicles on the right side! Two of them -- 19mm and 16mm -- though the smaller one probably won't do much. And a couple small ones on the left side too, though of course they're not useful. I'll do the trigger shot tonight and our first actual IUI is scheduled for Thursday morning.

I'm excited about this. Going into the appointment this morning, I was preparing myself for the disappointment of hearing that I'd only grown big follicles on the left side again. I'm so horrible about thinking of consequences before they actually happen: if there were no mature follicles on the right side, that would mean 2 rounds of Clomid without even getting to an IUI, which may or may not work anyway, and how many times can we do this with no positive results? Those kinds of thoughts. I am trying my best to keep them under control -- at least this time I didn't get all crazy thinking about it beforehand, just didn't allow myself to get too excited. Now I have proof that my right ovary really is functioning and capable of producing, and I am cautiously hopeful that the IUI will work. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment